Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acewell Digital Meter Installation
I've installed an Ace-2802-2 Digital Meter on my bike as part of its rebuild and thought I'd detail the wiring for that install.  I've seen pics of them installed on other SRV's, but could find no info online.

I've removed the original headlight, but other than that have a standard wiring harness on my 1993 4DN2.

Detail  ー  Bike ー Meter
Neutral light ー Sb ー Purple
Key Switch ー L ー Red
Ground  ー  B ー Black
L. Turn Signal ー Dg ー Orange
R. Turn Signal ー Ch ー White
Tach Signal ー Y/B ー Yellow (separate plug)
High Beam ー  Y ー Light Green

Meter Clock Power ー Brown ー run line to battery (+)

Unused Meter - Oil warning light - Grey (not available on SRV)
Unused Bike - Turn Signal (+) - Br/W
        Various Switch (+)? - Br

Yamaha Wire Color Code
Sb = Sky Blue
L = Blue
B = Black
Dg = Dark Green
Ch = Chocolate
Y/B = Yellow with black stripe
Y = Yellow
Br = Brown
Br/W = Brown with white stripe

So, that's pretty much it at this point.  Once you've removed your headlight and stock meter assembly you'll be left with two black connectors which will have the majority of those wires.  The turn signal wires need to be directly connected with the individual direction wires since the stock meter only gives you a general signal, not left or right.
[Image: Meter_Connections-scaled.jpg]
The small connector with 3 wires (B, L, Br) is basically power.  The other connector (Br/W, Y/B, Y, Sb) is for individual warning lights.  The Sb wire really looked Grey until I stripped the wiring harness back and saw some of the un-weathered bit.

The Yellow wire for high beam warning comes from the headlight connector and there is also an additional ground that you'll want to keep installed in the harness.

I'll post some pics once I get it wheeled out of the shed.

Here it is post install:
[Image: Acewell_Meter.1-scaled.jpg][Image: Acewell_Meter.2-scaled.jpg]
[Image: Acewell_Meter.3-scaled.jpg][Image: Acewell_Meter.4.png]
My Bikes: SRV250, Ninja 250R