Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here’s Sylvia (the bike not me) from Brisbane
Hi all,
Bit slow off the mark. I’ve had Sylvia for nearly two years now and she’s a work in progress, fine tuning to suit my old lady riding style! She’s the standard green with a not standard brown seat. Slowly putting her back to her more upright style after the last owner converted her to a cafe racer. Only new to riding so she’s good for a first bike. Learning every day!
Photo is what she looked like when she came to me. I’ve gone for more upright bars, blasted and repaired the leaking tank (need to put the pin striping back on), removed the multitude of fuel filters, built a new clutch cable after the old one snapped, and refitted the little travel tool kit box.
I still need to figure out how to make her a bit quieter as there is leaking at the muffler end of the header pipes, plus there’s no heat shield. Leg gets quite hot! Looks like the pipes are not stock, or so Yamaha say so I can’t find a carbon crush gasket, plus there’s no clamps to hold things in place. But I see lots with the single muffler dual header system so maybe they were for Australian imports. On the lookout for a heat shield, but for the meantime I’m wrapping the pipes and puttying up the exhaust joins.
Happy travels!
Old Lady Moving
Hey,

Just wanted to say welcome to the forums.

Adding attachments can be a pain sometimes. You have to choose the file, upload it, then put it in the post.

Let me know if you have any questions.
My Bikes: SRV250, Ninja 250R