Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two questions about: 1) engine oil and 2) choke
Never heard of that kind of quick fix on an SRV, but it's not surprising.  Simply finding the right length choke cable should do the job, it is just a standard cable.
The part number for the original is: 4dn-26330-00.  In a quick search, I didn't find the length but there appear to be some for sale here and there.

If your bike hasn't been maintained very well by the previous owner, I would recommend taking off the side panels and seat, getting yourself access to as much of the engine and electricals as possible and cleaning, checking, and tightening everything you can.  Check the plugs to see what color they are and make sure the plug wires are nice and snug. (Don't over-tighten the plugs when you put them back in.)  Make sure the battery connections are very clean and snug.  Also check the connection on the starter to make sure it isn't overly rusty or dirty.

This will also give you an opportunity to really get to know your bike.  If you find anything that seems strange, ask in one of the forums and I'm sure somebody can help you out.
My Bikes: SRV250, Ninja 250R

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two questions about: 1) engine oil and 2) choke - by Chief_Mechanic - 10-22-2019, 10:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine Substitution (Virago XV250) flowerlandfilms 1 8,762 12-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Chief_Mechanic